Wednesday, January 29, 2014

First Post

hmmmm.....first post, not an easy endeavor considering I burned out on blogging over two years ago. Honestly, I'm not crazy about creating "forever" internet content. Blogs are forever, even if you delete them, privatize them or never tell anyone about them; blogs like everything we do on the internet never truly disappear.

I guess this could be an allegory for how we use and abuse resources on our planet. Many of the choices we make are "forever". So many of the components of sustainability are focused on stopping actions that will have consequences for generations to come. For many people this is a daunting prospect. Why should they change their behavior when the consequences are decades (or longer) down the road? I hate those people.

So here I am, with a blog to talk about sustainability, sustainable development, and the environment. I'm not sure if there is some grand impact this blog will make (my previous blogs certainly do not). The goal of this blog is to share my thoughts in an honest and unedited kind of way. This can and will include, bad grammar, "light" profanity, and controversial - sometimes cynical commentary. You've been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment